Send me ten of your best shots and I'll give you constructive, written comments about each one and where I feel improvements could be made.
Part extensive guide book to the Farne Islands wildlife, part gorgeous coffee table book for the sea-bird and seal aficionado, this book has something for everyone interested in wildlife, whether they’ve been to the Islands or not. It’s chock full of photos and contains useful biological information on each of the species, not least when each species is actually present at the Farnes. Not only that, but there is a section on photography tips that will help you get the best out of your visit. This book used to be available on Amazon, but I only sell new copies directly now. This is edition 1 and is paperback. If you'd like to buy the updated 2nd edition eBook, please see here.
Part extensive guide book to the Farne Islands wildlife, part gorgeous coffee table book for the sea-bird and marine mammal aficionado, this book has something for everyone interested in wildlife, whether they’ve been to the Islands or not. It’s chock full of photos and contains useful biological information on each of the species, not least when each species is actually present at the Farnes. Not only that, but there is a section on photography tips that will help you get the best out of your visit. Fully updated version with 200 extra pages of new photographs, species accounts, information and photography tips!
- Seven years in the making
- Hundreds of beautiful new photos
- Useful biological information on each species
- New species accounts: bottlenose dolphin, roseate tern, rock pipit and oystercatcher
- Expanded photography tips section
- A little on the geology of the Farnes
- Completely reformatted as an eBook - download to your phone, tablet or computer and always have it with you
- Where: multi-centre Uganda trip
- When: June 2020 (to be confirmed)
- Focus: gorillas, chimps, lions, elephants & much more
- Fitness required: a certain amount, due to the gorilla treks which can be quite strenuous
- Group Size Max.: 6
- Price: £ TBC
Come on the wildlife photography holiday of a lifetime with us! I've been running African photo safaris - tailor made for photographers - since 2013 with fellow pro wildlife photographer and friend Alan Hewitt. The atmosphere is always fun and relaxed on our safaris, as well as being a place to learn more about your camera settings and how to take fantastic photos of Africa's incredible wildlife. Join us round the camp fire with a beer / glass of wine to discuss the highlights of the day. We contribute to local conservation with approx. £800 per person going directly to the wildlife conservancy areas, plus the Mara Predator Project and Ol Chorro Rhino Sanctuary. I'm also a pro filmmaker, so if you're interested in learning your camera's video functions, I'll be happy to help. All dates are time spent in Kenya:
- 15 - 22 Aug 2021 booking now £ 4,995
- A full week of African wildlife photo safari holiday in Kenya's famous Maasai Mara (7 days on safari: 6 full + 2 half days)
- Included: full board at beautiful and House in the Wild, superb food by on-site chef, photography tuition, top notch English-speaking, nationally-accredited Maasai guides, big 4WD safari vehicles with excellent access for photography and plenty of space, all park & conservancy fees, road transfers, wifi and laundry. Also, most alcoholic drinks are free!
- Internal Nairobi to Masai Mara flights (2021 onwards)
- We even include extra flight baggage allowance on the Kenya internal flights: essential for photographers.
- Exclusive we hook up with the Mara Predator Project to observe and photograph the lions with them.
- Price based on sharing with same sex traveller. Single supplements only £250 for a guaranteed room to yourself. £750 deposit to secure your place and balance by 31 May in the year of travel